Thursday, October 30, 2008

We're Off to See the Wizard...

Happy Halloween! The girls have already been trick-or-treating twice this year, so we’ll just have to see if they get to go again Halloween night. Richland Northeast had their annual “Trick or Trunk” on Sunday afternoon then Airport High hosted “Trick or Treat Lane” on Thursday night. There is a gracious plenty candy for the girls—and maybe a couple of pieces for me as well.

The pink eye is coming full circle. After both Savannah and Ava had gotten over it, I became the lucky victim early last week. I went to the doctor before it got completely out of control, so it wasn’t too bad. That was the first time I had ever put any drops in my eyes independently. All of that stuff creeps me out—I swear I don’t know how people can handle regularly using Visine or putting in contacts. It appears that the pink eye may be in the early stages of getting back to Ava, but she’s got a prescription, so it should go away quickly. I took Savannah in for her one year check up (yes, she turned one last month, but when I called in mid-August, the first appointment available was at the end of October) and we were just so lucky to find that she has a double ear infection. I don’t know what’s up with this child and ear infections. Ava has never had one; this has to be at least Savannah’s third. Of course, I should count my blessings that she hasn’t had all of the issues Ava had when she was her age. We practically lived at the doctor’s office the first year and half of her life.

Sorry to cut this short, but it’s getting late, and I’ve got a few things to do before I go to bed. I’ll leave you with a few pictures of Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics. Thanks for the update and keep the pink eye over in Columbia. Actually, you can spread it around Clemson, but we won't go into rivalry's here. We've had several bouts with pinkeye throughout the years. Give the girls a big hug from Uncle Phi and Aunt Jen. Love you all!
Philo Rockefeller and Family