Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

This morning when I came in, Mike had on an oxygen mask; his oxygen level dipped early this morning (it was around 83—they like for it to be over 92). They normally just use the oxygen assistance like he had last week, the kind that sits at the base of his nose, but Mike was having some nosebleeds yesterday, so they didn’t want to irritate his snout anymore. And just for the record, I did not cause the nosebleeds this time. I am very well aware that I have an aversion to boogers, but Mike’s bleed was not, I repeat not, caused by me getting rid of any of the pesky things. Nosebleeds aren’t too uncommon when platelets are low, so that was the sole source of it. Speaking of platelets, Mike’s are now at 42,000. At least they didn’t drop by several thousand like they did yesterday. Mike did get some blood last night, and his hemoglobin is a better as a result.

And as our luck would have it, the Avastin is getting put on hold for yet another day. It seems our problem child sounds a little junky in his chest, so he’s going to have a chest x-ray done today. The doctor wants to make sure there’s no severe infection there. Mike’s antibiotics are going to be changed slightly to try and help with that. The doctor said he is a little worried (not one of his normal vocabulary words) about it, and he wants to make sure that Mike is generally in pretty good shape before beginning the Avastin. What’s that, Scarlett? Yes, tomorrow is another day indeed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane,
Keep telling Mike to "hang in there"... and tell it to yourself as well! We're still praying hard for all of you!
Lots of Love!
Patsy & Henry

Anonymous said...

I wish I had great words of wisdom, but I don't. I know we are all praying - hope you can feel God's loving arms around you and Mike. I am here if you need anything.

Kathi Wagner

Anonymous said...

Diane,
We continue to pray for you and Mike! You are on our hearts.

Mike and Joan Thomas

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Coach and Ms. Diane, been thinking and praying for you all. I know things get tough but .... "HANG IN THERE"!
Still with my nightly routine for you all.
I will not be able to come this week due to the death of one of my grand-nieces from a car accident. Please add my nephew, Morris Glenn (her Dad), to your prayer list as she was only 16. The good news is she was saved 2 years ago.
Hope to see you soon, Billy and Morgan

Karen K. Hall said...

Diane- Please check your school e-mail- I have sent you a forward from a friend at church regarding Mike- I am not "smart enough" to cut, paste, glue, snip, etc.

We are praying hard for you!!!! We DO BELIEVE GOD is STILL in control!!!!
Blessings, Karen

Anonymous said...

Coach Mike,
Our Prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and Hang in there.

WE ARE PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU

KURT & AMY WILSON

marty said...

Diane, Words from a stranger but a sister-in-Christ....You are so in my prayers and thoughts today. I'm praying for God to "Heal Mike and give Diane strenght". I know these are stressful days for you, so just lean on our wonderful Jesus. In Prayer--Marty in NC

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane,
I just am so sorry you are going through this and am praying constantly for you, Mike and the girls. I know you have a lots of wonderful people supporting you but if I can do anything at all please call me! I forwarded your prayer request and blog page to Lizzy, Bruce and dad. I haven't talked to dad and Bruce today but Lizzy has also been praying for you all day. I also forwarded your request to my churches 24 hour hotline. I am praying for a mirical!!! All my love, Ellen Young (Rollinson)

Kim S in SC said...

Praying with you tonight! Praying for a good night's rest. PRaying for those platelets to multiply!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Diane,
You are in my prayers all day long
as are Mike's folks. I know it is really hard on them being so far away. Keep the Faith and know that God is Good and is always with you.
Lots of Love
Lynn Markus
Windsor, California

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane,

I am praying for you and so is the small group that I am in at CLA.

Much love and prayer for Mike and you and your sweet children,
Natalie