Monday, January 28, 2008

Brief Duke Update

Mike is not doing well; his brain started swelling again today. The doctors here at Duke tried increasing his steroids, but he threw up everything. As I write this, we are sitting in the emergency room so that he can get hooked up to an I.V. and receive his steroids that way. We need him to be coherent tomorrow because he has to be able to knowingly sign consent to participate in the clinical trial. It has more promising results than traditional treatment. As soon as I have the time I will write more details about today's events and what is involved with the clinical trial, but I at least wanted everyone to know what is going on at this point.

1 comment:

nanette said...

I just read your latest entry. You continue to amaze me. Your strength is inspiring. I know with your continued support and diligence to get the very best care for Mike that everything that can be done and every avenue will be explored. We are continually keeping you, Mike and the girls in our prayers. I have read some of the stories from other survivors and know that Mike will be adding his name to that list.