Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More Waiting

Things are still not looking good. Last night we became a little hopeful after talking with the neuro-oncologist. She said Mike’s rapid decline may have been caused by a seizure, and it would take a while for him to recover from that. He was able to squeeze my finger, move his thumb a little, and move his tongue around as if the tubes were bothering him. He had not done any of that earlier in the day. Unfortunately, this morning he is non-responsive again. The doctor wants to try to give it another 24 hours and see if there is any improvement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane,
I haven't been able to reach you by phone to see how things were going at Duke and decided to look into your blog. I am so sorry to hear that Mike has had this change in his condition. He seemed to be doing so well last week. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or if you have any questions from a medical stand point. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lisa
ParadigmHealth