Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Oil

The pre-biopsy, post-brain swelling Mike is back!!! All delusions and hallucinations seem to be gone (either that or he’s doing a really good job of fooling me). Mike is now able to walk around without falling all over the place, and he was able to take a real shower today. (He wasn’t so big on the bed baths and the no rinse shampoo…although I’m lovin’ that shampoo and will have to take the bottle home for days I don’t feel like washing my hair.) Mike no longer has the I.V. hooked up to his arm, and he just had the staples removed from his head. I tried to talk him in to saving the staples, but he wasn’t so interested in that. I think they would have been great for "show and tell."

The neurosurgeon team is now on board with trying to get everything coordinated with Duke and helping out with that in any way they can. We’ve asked that the neurosurgeon here call Duke to talk with their neurosurgeon, so that they’re hearing from someone else other than just me. I think as soon as we have an appointment scheduled with Duke, Mike will be released from the hospital. They just don’t want to release him without knowing what our next move will be, and I can understand that. I was hoping to hear something in regards to all of that this afternoon, but no such luck. Hopefully, we’ll get a clearer picture on where we’re headed and when tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUTSTANDING! God is so great! Thanks for the update,
Shannon Jernigan Moss

Anonymous said...

White Knoll TIMBERWOLVES are behind you all the way! Keep up the hard work and the prayers.

Stoney Roland

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome!!! I'll keep up the prayers. Please let coach know that I'm thinking of him. Love ya coach.

Shaun Phillips

Anonymous said...

Diane, That is wonderful news and we all are every day praying for you and Mike. His orphan buddies are forever thankful to him for always standing up for us from way back and we are there for you and him in prayers.

betsy lahay mabee