Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not-So-Great Day

Mike is not doing very well thus far this morning. Yesterday he kept making a moaning/whining type of noise all day. He was given a sedative around 4:00 and that helped it, but it also knocked him out! I could hardly wake him up to eat his dinner, but he ended up eating all of it. After dinner he started making those noises again; he was given another dose of the sedative, but it didn’t stop the noises even though he was sleeping. His oxygen level got a little low, so he was put back on oxygen.

This morning when I came in, I discovered he had been put on a heart monitor. His blood count continues to be low, so he is going to be given blood and platelets today. I haven’t been able to get him to wake up and eat this morning. (Mike not eating? You know something’s askew.) Normally when I move the bed to a 90 degree angle, he awakens and is ready to eat. I had a difficult time just getting him to take his medicine. He still has that congestive-sounding cough that has been lingering around for a week or so. He was give yet another chest x-ray last night, and we’re still waiting on those results. I’m not sure if he’s going to have his radiation treatment today. They came for him this morning, but the doctor wanted to see how he did waking up before sending him for treatment. Obviously, that’s not going so well, so I don’t know whether or not the radiation will be nixed. Mike may end up having another CT scan or MRI today to see if that unfolds the mystery of this sudden change. I tell ya, he’s just always got to be a problem child, doesn’t he?

No comments: