Monday, March 31, 2008

Nothing to Write Home About

As I figured, there wasn’t much excitement over the weekend. There really isn’t much to report today, either, but I don’t want y’all to get worried since I haven’t posted since Friday. Mike’s blood count is still a little low, so that needs to increase to build up his strength. He’s eating pretty well, but he doesn’t talk to me much. He seems most alert after he sits up and eats lunch. The only change that is going to be made is that Mike’s steroids are going to be lowered from 20mg to 15mg four times daily. The doctor doesn’t want to change too much at one time. By doing things slowly, if Mike has a negative response to anything, we’ll know the cause of it.

Since there isn’t much else to report, I’ll give you a parental tip for the day. If your child isn’t fully potty trained, it’s a good idea to pack an emergency diaper and wipes. One of my sisters was planning to take Ava to see a movie yesterday. Since it was going to be Ava’s first movie, I wanted to join them, so I met them at the theaters. Towards the very end of the movie, Ava announced she had “poopy pants,” and I asked my sister for the diaper and wipes. She had neither. I won’t gross you out with all of the details, but it was nasty enough to where it was coming out the top of her diaper. Ewww!!! Luckily, I had some wipes and paper towels in my car and at least got her cleaned up for the ride home—even though she had to go sans a diaper or panties. I swear this is the type of stuff teenagers need to experience so they know just how much work a child is! My sister, by the way, claims complete innocence and says she wasn’t responsible for packing Ava for the event. Okay.

2 comments:

Claire Klein said...

I just want to know if you threw the panties away. If so, were they Dora ones like the ones I threw away when I kept the girls last week?
:-)

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for Mike and the family. Additional leave with pay is so great. God is so good.
2 Corinthians 12:9 'MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU, FOR MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS. "For when I am weak, then I am strong.
You are in my prays and thoughts.
Love Lynn Markus