Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday Update

I talked with the doctor this morning, and he went ahead and ordered another dose of the Mannitol for Mike today. He said the swelling in Mike’s hands is from the steroids; his face may become puffy as well. His blood pressure and heart rate are now under control. When I asked Mike my name this morning, he said some crazy name, but when I asked him the name of his wife, he gave that same answer. I’ve asked him my name since then, but he doesn’t give a response. When I held up pictures of the girls, he was able to tell me their names and that they’re his daughters, so that was good. The doctor said I shouldn’t be too concerned about Mike’s dip because it is bound to happen. Mike did eat all of his breakfast, but it felt like it took forever for him to eat. There has been no word from Duke yet; the doctor is going to call up there today to try and nudge them a little. I will certainly post whenever I find out something.

There was no magic with my cell phone this morning…it actually had a setback and wouldn’t turn on at all again!

Thanks once again for all of your prayers. Please continue to pray for Mike and that this is just a minor setback he is having as well as that we’ll get the go ahead to take the Avastin from the doctors at Duke.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will put on my bracelet and get the prayer warrior email network going again.
Maybe it's just a change in your hair style or makeup. That always confuses men. Show him a picture of you and he'll probably get it right. Of course, maybe he's just being stubborn.
Prayers and love from San Antonio. The Rockefellers

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I'm keeping with my family tradition (or maybe it is just me)-the birthday wishes still count as long as a month has not passed! We miss you at RNH!

Anonymous said...

Typical-I hit send before I signed my name!
Sharon Owens

Jimmy C. said...

It's good to here that Mike enjoyed his birthday. Don't feel too bad about your phone. You're certainly not alone. Much to my wife's annoyance, I did not check the pockets of my slacks and my phone went through the rinse cycle of the washer. I turned it on, it sizzled and it died.

We will contine to pray for you all.

jimmy crosby