Monday, February 11, 2008

Mike Bracelets

Some of you may remember from an earlier post that my friend Allison came to visit me for lunch while I was at Duke and taught me how to crochet a chain stitch. (And just so my other girlfriends who made a trip to Duke don’t feel slighted their names didn’t make it to the blog…Kathy, Dianne, Paula, and Sonya came to visit for a couple of hours as well. And of course, my friend Claire stayed with me at Duke the second week I was there; Mike’s cousin Roz was there with me the first week.) Anyway…my girlfriends came up with the idea of creating “Mike Bracelets” since I was ending up with an entire skeen of yarn transformed into one gigantic chain stitch. Lance Armstrong has yellow, breast cancer has pink, and now Mike Starnes has slate blue. So, if you would like a piece of the crocheted yarn to wear around your wrist in honor of Mike, just send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below, and one will be mailed to you. All of the “bracelets” have been crocheted by me, so I can’t promise they’re all beautiful. C’mon and cut me a little slack—I just learned how to do this eight days ago.

Mike Bracelet
600 Woodrow Street
Unit G
Columbia, SC 29205

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save one for Andrew,Matthew and Zachary...their stamped envolopes are on the way!!
Love and Blessings
Jennifer Rockefeller

Anonymous said...

I am addressing my envelope as we "speak." You are all in our thoughts and prayers daily. Thank you so much for the updates. I try not to call or bother you. I will try to come by for another visit this week.

With Love,
Sara Wheeler

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL
My envelope is on the way!

Anonymous said...

Save one for Ned & myself. The letters in the mail. Ihope you ahve a lot of yarn because I'm sure there will be a long list.


Love you both
Beth Lyle

Anonymous said...

Girl, I hope you have enough yarn!
We are all going to want one!
Love ya
Renee Kozlowski

Marty said...

This is awesome news Diane! Tell Mike we love him and to try to take it easy and not run a marathon next week. He's probably well enough to go snowboarding though...

Love,
Marty & Angie

Anonymous said...

SAE on the way with a donation and thanks for sharing.
mp

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Mike is doing so much better!!!!!!!! Way to go Diane!!!!! You, and God of course, have pushed, pulled, and carried him to a very good place indeed. Looking forward to more and more good news.

Keep the faith, love & prayers,
Janet @ AHS

Karen K. Hall said...

We're so thankful for Mike's progress!!!!!!!!!! God is sooooo good!!! An envelope for CR and I is on the way!!!!!!!!!!! This is a super idea!!! Praying for more miracles!!!!

Love to you all,
Karen K. Hall

Anonymous said...

God is so good! Our envelope for 2 bracelets was mailed this this morning.

Anonymous said...

Great idea Diane! I will be sending my enveplope. Still praying for continued miracles to be showered down on you all.
Carol Crosby

Anonymous said...

Diane,
The bracelet idea is great! Ray and I are sending the stamped envelope today with request for 2 bracelets.
Love you guys.
Genny & Ray

Mona Myers said...

Diane,

I was wondering what you were ever going to do with one single strand of yarn nine yards long. What a perfect idea. I will wear mine as a reminder of Mike and what prayer can do. Take care
Love,
Mona

csriley said...

Diane,
We are praying for you, Mike,and your girls. We know what a good guy Mike is from the time he spent at Walterboro High. We will continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Leroy & Cindy Riley