Monday, February 4, 2008

Still No Change

I know a lot of y’all have been waiting on an update for today. I haven’t really written anything because there hasn’t been much of a change. My Super Bowl plan didn’t work last night, though Mike would have been pleased that the underdog won. When I arrived this morning, they told me an MRI was scheduled, and I was waiting for that to be done and have the results before I posted anything. They have not done it yet, but it is still supposed to be done this evening some time. I suspect I won’t get any results until tomorrow.

They did the ultrasound on Mike’s legs yesterday to check for blood clots. It came back negative, so that’s good. Since he hasn’t had any seizures in quite some time, Mike is no longer on a 24-hour EEG monitor. He is still on anti-seizure medication. His blood-sugar is normal, so they’re weaning him off of the insulin. He does appear to have a staph infection, so we get to wear these lovely yellow gowns and latex gloves when we come in his room now. I’m certain they’d be all the rave out on the city streets, so I need to be sure to grab a few extras to make a fashion statement for whenever I return to Columbia.

Other than that, there has been nothing eventful today. Mike is still non-responsive. My friend Allison came up yesterday and taught me to crochet a chain stitch. That’s all I know how to do, so if anyone has a dire need for a lovely nine-yard piece of crocheted yarn, I have one ready for you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane
I am in constant awe of your sense of humor and upbeat attitude. I am sure your strength is a comfort to Mike.
I read your blog before I go to bed so I know what to include in my prayers.
You, Mike and your girls are constantly in my prayers.

"and He will raise you up on eagles wings, bear you on the breath of God, make you to shine like the sun and hold you in the palm of his hand"

Love
Susan Brant

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS YOU

There are many things in life
We cannot understand,
But we must trust God's judgement
And be guided by His hand
And all who have God's Blessing
Can rest safely in His care
For He promises safe passage on The wings of faith and prayer.

We send our love, thoughts and prayers to Mike, Diane, Ava and Savannah "Forever & A Day".

Proverbs Chapter 3 Vs. 5 & 6

Anonymous said...

Diane,
You and the girls are in our thoughts,our hopes and prayers-at times like this we carry one another. We pray you may draw strength in this difficult time from those who care for you, and hold you and Mike close in our heart.

Love,
Jennifer and Philip Rockefeller

Anonymous said...

Diane,
You are an inspiration to us all! What a blessing for you and Mike to have each other. My love and prayers to you always.
Kathi Wagner

Anonymous said...

Diane,
I am so sorry to hear about Mike. I am sure things have been hard for you and your children.
Whatever you do just don't give up. God has a plan for each and everyone of us. I will keep you and your family and Mikes family in my payers. I can't imagine what his parents are going though.
Your friend and May God Bless you. DJM